FOLKWOOD : TERMS FOR SELLERS
Version 1.3 – March 27, 2017
1 Who we are:
Folkwood.world is a online marketplace that allows professional sellers from all around the world to sell traditional or handcraft musical instrument from their company.
We are a French company (EIRL, registered at the RCS de Romans-sur-Isère under the following number: 532 248 606 R.S.E.I.R.L. ROMANS)
We can modify the terms. You should be warned about new terms 1 month before new terms are effective (i.e. online).
2 How to become a Seller on Folkwood.world?
2.1 Required conditions:
- To be registered as a company or independent worker in your country.
- To have a bank account number if you are from country list A or to have a paypal or stripe account if you belong to another country. (cf. Country list at the bottom of the document)
We can refuse anyone willing to be a seller if we think that the seller does not fit our expectations in terms of work quality, professionalism, payment safety or any other aspect we estimate relevant.
2.2 Ask for a seller account:
Send us an email at Thomas@folkwood.world
What to provide us with:.
- Professional international bank account number (IBAN) if you belong to country list A. Else, a paypal or stripe payment solution references e
- A valid email adress
- A valid Mail adress
- A registered professional number or a professional certificate from your country
3 Marketplace, how it works
3.1 Who does what?
We do not store the instrument from the seller. The seller sends directly the instrument to the customer from his company.
WE are not buyer or seller. The customer buys directly to the seller and seller provides a bill to the customer. Our client is the seller to which we provide sales opportunities.
Seller has to comply with trade laws from his country.
Sale, shipping and return rules has to be specified by the vendor. At least, they have to comply with laws of his country or be more favorable to customer.
3.2 Write a product offer
- Write a product description
- Is responsible for the product description
- Has to add pictures and/or video to describe the product
- Make sure his sale, shipping and return rules are up to date.
3.2.2 Folkwood.world :
- We can assist you with the product description
- We can modify your product description if necessary (in case of obvious mistake or offensive content)
- We can remove any product from listing (especially in case of mistake from seller or sale problem)
3.3.1 Displayed Price
Displayed Price is expected VTA included
The seller agrees not to set a higher price for the product that he would set on his own shop or on another marketplace. He can only sell at the same price or cheaper.
3.3.2 Shipping cost
You can add shipping cost for each product and choose a default shipping price for all your products.
You can choose different shipping cost depending on where the product is send: one national and one international shipping cost.
You have to specify from where the product is shipped.
3.4 Stock management
You have to make sure that the product is available when a product is ordered. You have to have an up-to-date stock on our marketplace.
Disappointed customers in case of unaccurate stock management are bad for business.
3.5 Highlighted products
We may highlight some product according to special offers from sellers or according to editorial choice. There is no way to tell if your products are going to be highlighted or not. You accept that you may not benefit from editorial choices.
Payment and costs
3.6 Cost for Seller
We charge 9% + 0,50 cts for each product sold by seller.
Those 9% + 0,50cts include bank fees and credit card fees from our payment solution from Credit Mutuel Arkea, an European Bank.
Using Paypal, paypal will charge you an extra cost for its service. You agree to paypal’s Terms when signing this Terms.
We do not apply VAT on the service we provide to you.
3.7 Bill to customer
3.7.1 Seller Edit a Bill to buyer
Seller edits a bill to the customer who buys products. The price includes 100 % of product price, includes VAT and shipping cost. The bill has to be added to the shipping box.
3.7.2 Folkwood edits bill to seller
We provide you with a bill of our 9% charge for the service provided by folkwood.world.
3.8 Payment solutions
Any customer can pay through:
- Credit Card
- Paypal (if seller has a paypal account)
You sell a guitar that costs 120 € VAT included with 10 € shipping cost :
- Buyer pays product and shipping = 130 €
- Folkwood costs are 9 % of 130 €+ 0,50 cts= 12,20€.
- Seller gets (100% – 9%-0,50 ts = 91 %- 0,50cts) = 117,8 €
- Seller sends a 130 € bill with the product.
- We send a 12,20 € bill to you.
4 Fiscal Law
Make sure to declare your revenue to your relevant authorities since we aren’t going to declare your revenue to your fiscal administration authorities.
Make sure to comply with your country rules regarding shipping for national and international clients.
Make sure to comply with the due date for shipping product.
6 Right of withdrawal
Depending on your country, the customer may have the right of withdrawal for his purchase.
- Make sure to comply with your country rules for withdrawal or to offer better withdrawal conditions in order to attract customer.
- You have to precise what are the rights of withdrawal of your customer in your selling terms.
7 Sale Rules
You have to comply with your country laws for sale terms including for international customers.
8 How to behave like a professional
Product descriptions have to be attractive in order to please the customer. They also have to be accurate.
8.2 Professional behavior
In case of suspect behavior, any seller could be banned from our shop. Seller has to comply with his sales rules and engagement while respecting customers.
8.3 Do not try to avoid service fees
Seller won’t try to avoid payment for products outside our payment system when buyer buys a product on folkwood.world. Indeed, we won’t be paid for the marketplace services we provide to seller and buyer.
We don’t have exclusivity on sales. Sellers can sell his product on any other place he wants. Of course, seller has to:
– conclude on folkwood.world a sale that begins on folkwood.world.
– make sure stock management on folkwood.world is up-to-date whenever sales are made elsewhere.
10 Country list
|Country list A||Country outside List A|
|We charge 9 % + 0,50ctsincluding bank and credit card fee.
Money is transferred directly to your bank account.
|If Paypal is available in your country, You can use Paypal.
We charge 6,5% if you use paypal, excluding paypal fee
(around 3% depending on your sale amount and country)
|Basic seller informations required:
SEPA + US + Canada:
Advanced seller information required:
United Arab Emirates
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Democratic Republic of Congo
Papua – New Guinea
|Forbidden country customer for customer with direct card payment:
(customer have to use Paypal)